Central Bucks Gymnastics has been voted 2016 Region 7 Junior Olympic Program of the Year. Region 7 includes hundreds of gymnastic programs in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. Central Bucks Gymnastics was honored at the USA Gymnastics Region 7 Congress on July 22nd in Baltimore, MD.
Since it was established in 1973, Central Bucks Gymnastics has produced numerous national and elite level gymnasts and countless regional and state champions over the last forty years. Dozens of gymnasts have competed at the collegiate level following graduation from high school. Many received full or partial athletic scholarships.
Central Bucks Gymnastics recently completed one of the most successful seasons in its forty-three history. Highlights include the following:
- Melissa Ginaldi won first place all-around in her age group at the USA Gymnastics Women’s Junior Olympic Level 9 Eastern Championship
- Level 9 team placed second at the Pennsylvania State Championship
- Four Level 9 Gymnasts qualified for Women’s Junior Olympic Level 9 Eastern Championship
- One Level 10 gymnast qualified for Women’s Junior Olympic Championship
- Two gymnasts qualified for Region 7 Level 10 Regionals
- Six gymnasts qualified for Region 7 Level 9 Regionals
- Two gymnasts qualified for Region 7 Level 8 Regionals
- 100% of gymnasts in levels 3-10 who competed all-around during the season qualified for postseason competition