Rules and Policies
Gymnastic and Dance Policies
- Dress for gymnastics: Leotards for girls, gym shorts for boys. Students may work barefoot.
Dress for dance: Leotards and tights; jazz, tap, ballet shoes.
- No gum or jewelry is permitted in class. No food, drink, or glass containers are permitted in the gym, dance studios, or bleachers except where appropriate and permitted by instructors.
- Parents must complete a Registration Form/Liability Waiver for each child prior to the beginning of the first class taken.
- All fees are due prior to the first class of each session and are non-refundable.
- Please have your child at the gym in time for the warm-up period at the start of each class. The warm-up period is a very important part of each class. Students arriving later than ten minutes into the class will not be permitted to take that class due to safety reasons.
- Please park your car and come into the building to pick up children at the end of each class. Do not wait in your car in a line in front of the building.
- Any injuries occurring in the gym, dance studio, or elsewhere on the property must be reported to a staff member immediately. Accident insurance is carried on every student, but will only cover expenses that your own insurance does not cover. There is a $250.00 deductible.
- In case of snow or ice, please call the gym and listen to the message on the answering machine regarding the cancellation of classes. Students will not be notified by telephone. There is no correlation between school district closings and our program. The staff will attempt to reschedule classes cancelled due to inclement weather whenever possible.
- If there is a question or problem concerning your child’s class and the instructor is not available after class, please leave a note in the Chalk Shop. The instructor or program director will call you as soon as possible.
- T-shirts, leotards, shorts, grips, and other items are available for purchase in the Chalk Shop. Stock changes monthly.
- A maximum of two make-up classes are permitted when possible during each session for classes missed due to illness or injury only. Registration is required for make-up classes.
- Gymnastic Team members and Dance Performance Group members are selected as a result of the observation of class participants.
- Please make the staff aware of any physical, emotional, or social problems that your child may be having.
- Please keep children off of the stairs. Children must be supervised at all times while they are inside and outside of the building.
General Safety Guidelines
- Serious injury could result from any motion involving motion, rotation and height.
- All gymnasts, dancers and participants in other activities assume the risk of serious injury.
- Mats and pit cannot and do not eliminate hazards.
- Do not use any apparatus without qualified supervision.
- No risky stunts or difficult skills without a trained spotter present.
- Wear proper attire and use chalk when necessary to prevent slipping.
- Before mounting any apparatus, make sure that it is properly adjusted and secure and that sufficient mats, appropriate to the exercise, are in position. Consult your instructor.
- Use proper conditioning and warm-up exercises before attempting new and/or vigorous moves.
- Attempt new skills in proper progression. Consult your instructor.
- When attempting a new or difficult skill, always use a qualified spotter. When in doubt, use a spotter and check with your instructor first.
- Dismounts from any apparatus require proper landing techniques. Do not land on the head or back, as serious injury may result. Consult your instructor.
- Any skill involving the inversion of the body should be considered dangerous and can cause serious neck or head injury.
- No horseplay or fooling around at any time while on or around gymnastic equipment.
Trampoline Safety Guidelines
- No risky stunts like somersaults, flips, back handsprings or other difficult skills without a trained spotter present
- Keep away from the trampoline when someone else is jumping
- Bounce one at a time
- No bouncing or jumping off trampoline onto the floor or mat
- Warm-up properly
- Stay in control while bouncing
- Always bounce in the middle of trampoline
Foam Pit Safety Guidelines
- Enter pit one at a time
- Use safe landing positions – feet first, middle of back, open tuck or in sitting position
- Never land head first or in an arched position or on the chest or stomach
- Horseplay is not permitted
- Ensure entry into the pit occurs from a solid footing or from stable apparatus